Good morning. Today I am sharing one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the Pretty Poppies and Poppy Meadow stamps from Chocolate Baroque.
I coloured my scene using the fabulous alcohol markers from Chameleon. I simply love the new Color Tops that allow you to blend 2 completely different colours seamlessly – very tricky to do with standard alcohol pens.
The card background was stamped with the honesty stamp and Distress Ink. The corners were stamped with Versafine and the edges blended lightly with Distress Ink.
The foreground poppies were stamped onto copy paper and cut out to create masks. Small dots of zig glue were added to the back and left to dry (turns from blue to clear) to create a temporary stick to hold them in place.
The foreground poppies were stamped with Memento (water based ink that will not bleed when colouring with alcohol ink pens) and then covered with the masks before stamping the background poppies.
The stems were extended where needed by drawing with the fine tipped pen (NB. Make sure it is suitable for colouring with alcohol pens without bleeding – test if unsure).
The image was then coloured with alcohol pens. I love the delicate transparent finish – perfect for delicate poppies. I used the new Chameleon pens with Color Tops. These enable really easy one step blending of one colour into the next. Leaves were coloured with YG3 and NU0 Color Top, Flowers with BL3 and PK3 Color Top, Buds with BL3 and NU0 Color Top, Butterfly with YL2 and and PK3 Color Top.
A little texture and extra shading was added where needed with coloured pencils. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder to emphasise. The card was edged with black marker to frame and glued to the card front with 3D foam for added dimension.
The butterfly was stamped with Memento onto a spare scarp of card, coloured with alcohol pens and cut out. To enhance the butterfly details (the grey ink was a bit pale) I overstamped it with Versafine Ink.
A little metallic ink was used on the butterfly and stamens. Further sparkle was added with Stickles glue.
Another quick and easy card for you this morning. Small thank you card created with the Pretty Poppies stamp set. Stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with ‘sticky’ powder (Wonder Glue Powder). This leaves a tacky residue suitable for adding foils, mica or gilding flakes. I rubbed over with multi coloured gold flakes.
This 6 X 6 inch card was created with the Fantasy Woodland along with the verse from the Tall Trees stamp sets. Images were stamped with Vintage Sepia Versafine Ink. Colouring was really quick and easy using watercolour brush pens. A small ‘dab’ of colour was quickly laid down onto the darker areas of the image, indicated by the stamp detail. A damp brush was then used to draw out the colour giving shading and tonal variation, really quick and easy. The edge of the stamping card was inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and the roughed up using the edge of my scissors. PVA pearls and faux stitching was added. I then added Glossy Accents over the apples for added shine. Just about achievable in 15 mins x.
This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda featuring the lovely Fantasy Woodland stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I couldn’t help seeing the pattern for half an eye in one of the tree tops, and so couldn’t resist making something a little dark and spooky. I had a bit of fun with this one.
Background texture was created by applying clear and glitter gel, plus acrylic paint, through the stencil. When dry I applied gilding wax over the scaly texture.
Lettering was created by applying opaque paste through the stencil. I made a bit of a mess as I got some paste seeping under the stencil. When dry I tidied and sharpened up the letter edging by using a black alcohol marker (mess saved).
The edges were stamped and rubbed over with gold acrylic paint.
The text was stamped with Versafine and trimmed away from the full stamp sentiment. Edged with Distress Ink and applied with 3D glue gel.
The eye was created by stamping the tree top twice (turning the stamp 180 degrees) with Versafine. Note the centre needs to be overlapped slightly to create a circle shape. I then cut out using a circle die and used a black marker to colour around the edge and to draw the pointed pupil shape.
The eye was coloured with water based inks and then heat embossed with clear gloss powder. I added several repeat layers of embossing until I got a smooth shiny glass eye effect. Glue to the card with 3D gel.