Here is my contribution for the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog this week – a Christmas card using the lovely new Christmas Post stamp.
I stamped the image and cut out elements to decoupage and add dimension. Distress Inks were used to colour the image and winter themed die cuts were used to frame and embellish. I added some sparkling chunky ‘glass’ glitter to give added sparkle and dimension.
- Christmas Post single stamp
- A5 white card blank, white stamping card, blue glitter card and gold satin card
- Inkpads: Versamark and Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass and Tea Dye)
- Pearlescent blue heat embossing powder (Lyndy’s Stamp Gang – Morning Glory Azure)
- Fine tipped pen (metallic gold)
- Wax crayons (blue)
- Glossy Accents
- Chunky ‘glass’ glitter (Pinflair Ice Diamond)
- Winter themed frame and edger dies (Create & Craft Couture – Winter Flurries set)
- Snowflake dies (Robert Addams and Marianne dies)
- Foam pads or 3D glue
How to make it:
- Edge the base card by blending with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
- Cut the background mat from gold card with edger dies. Cut the frame from glitter card. If you don’t have a suitable decorative die set a plain frame would look nice and you could decorate it with winter foliage or snowflakes (die cut or readymade).
- Stamp the image with Versamark and heat emboss. Cut out to fit behind the frame.
- Draw onto the bricks with wax crayon to give some areas of texture. The wax resists the Distress Ink. Colour the image with Distress Inks and use a damp brush to pull out and blend the colour. Add touches of gold pen.
- Stamp and emboss the image again and cut out elements for decoupage. Colour with Distress Inks. Use 3D glue gel to overlay onto main topper. I used the tree top branches to create overhanging branches in the foreground.
- Mount the background, topper and frame with foam pads or 3D glue.
- Add die cut snowflakes (cut from gold and glitter card) to decorate.
- Finish with chunky glitter and Glossy Accents on the tree baubles.