Still playing with fabric stamping. My house mate is away so I have taken over the kitchen and spread out all my fabrics, dyes and paints. Heaven.
I created this one using stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I decorated a simple vest that I really wasn’t wearing very much. Really happy with the results and my vest has a new lease of life.
Vallejo Textile Paints from Colouricious (Bengali Rose, Black and Blue)
Starlight Fabric Paint from Imagination Crafts (Mint)
Jacquard Textile Colour (Super Opaque White)
Briefly how it was done:
I stamped the images along the hem with black paint – using an acrylic block and foam mount on my stamps – in the same way as stamping on card. Tip: When stamping with acrylic or textile paints I like to load the paint onto a piece of cut & dry foam, working it in with a palette knife. I find that this method gives the best stamp coverage without clogging, and the cleanest image when stamped.
I then coloured the image with a fine brush. Some of the colours were mixed together to get the shades that I wanted. I hand painted over the flower tops and stamped more ferns in colour. I also stamped fern tips along the top ribbon edge.
I also used leftover paint on my sponges to stamp a spare piece of fabric that I had pre-coloured with leftover dyes from a previous project. I don’t like to waste anything.
Note about heat setting: I like to leave my design overnight to fully dry before heat setting with an iron on the reverse. I wait for at least 3 days before the first wash.