I created this canvas last summer and was delighted when it sold straight away (approx size 40cm square).
- The background was created using acrylic paints and grass modelling paste (Viva Decor) for added texture.
- Stencils were used to create the lacy border along the bottom and swirl textures in the background (Martha Stewart).
- Further texture was added to the background with a hessian stamp (Heartfelt Creations).
- The hexagons were cut from varying thicknesses of card and mount board using a hexagon quilting die (Sissix BigZ). White gesso was used to seal and prime them ready for painting.
- Raised metallic outline elements were created using Mixtion Relief Paste and Metal Leaf (Pebeo).
- Metallic gold acrylic paint, and specialist paints were then used to colour the hexagons and to create the ‘honey drizzles’ : ceramic and glass paints, Moon and Prisme (all from Pebeo).
- Sentiments were printed from the computer and applied with Mod Podge.
- Bees were stamped onto tissue paper and coloured with alcohol inks, and applied with Mod Podge.
- Butterflies were cut from commercially printed papers (Heartfelt Creations).
- Floral gears and leaves were cut using dies (Heartfelt Creations) and coloured with acrylic paints.
- Additional flowers and swirls were cut using dies (Sissix BigZ) and coloured with Versamark and a mix of Gold and Verdigris embossing powders (WOW).
- I created the larger interlocking gears using Silhouette software. They were cut from thick card, layered up and coloured with Versamark and a mix of Gold and Verdigris embossing powders.
I had such fun creating this one. I hope that you like it and that it inspires you to have a play with mixed media.
Happy Crafting, Anne xxx.