Good afternoon. Today I am sharing two variations of a card created with Chocolate Baroque stamps and a pretty background paper from Crafty Individuals.
The theme for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Mon) is ‘Flower Power’ – so I have entered this one.
I have entered the other into the Simon Says Stamp (Wed) Challenge as ‘Anything Goes’.
- The Rose Tree, Essence of Nature and Mackintosh Sentiments stamp sets (Chocolate Baroque)
- 8 X 8 inch card blank, Kraft card, pink card (pearl or satin mirror), pearl card (brown), Crafty Individuals Background Paper (Shades of Summer) and white stamping card
- Inkpads: Memento (London Fog), Versafine (Onyx Black), Distress Ink (Broken China)
- Alcohol ink pens (pink, yellow, green, pale blue plus clear blender)
- Watercolour pens (pale blue, yellow) and Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen (Clear Overlay)
- Fine tipped pen (opaque white, pink)
- Stickles glitter glue (Crystal)
- Flowersoft sprinkles (green, yellow)
- Dies: Venetian Lace Layering set (Tonic), flower pot (Trimcraft Pots & Vases), Butterfly (Sizzix)
How it was done:
- Kraft card was trimmed and mounted onto the card front and faux stitching added with fine tipped pen.
- The lace mats were cut from pink card and decorative background paper glued in place. The butterfly was also cut from pink card. Sentiments were stamped with Distress Ink.
- The flower pot was cut from pearl brown card and lightly shaped before gluing with 3D glue gel.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with alcohol pens. The floral spray and individual flowers were cut out for decoupage, lightly shaped before gluing down using 3D glue gel. A little clar sparkle pen was brushed over the flowers for sparkle.
- The bumble bees were stamped with Versafine, coloured with watercolour pens and cut out.
- Yellow Flowersoft was glued into the flower centres, green onto some of the leaves and onto the foreground (to ‘ground’ the pots).
- Finished with touches of glitter glue for added sparkle.